Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Doctor

Disclaimer, I love my doctor.  He is always behind and loses all my paperwork but when he sits with me, he genuinely talks with me and tries to accommodate my every need.  Heck the first appointment I had with him after leaving Northridge Hospital was a long wait, but he actually sent his nurse out with his credit card to buy a vaccine for me.  He knew that I had weakened lungs and sent her out to get Pneumovax which is used to prevent pneumonia. What a guy!


I went to see him today and upon walking in, his secretary gets an "uh-oh" look and says, "I'm sorry my dear, but you're the only one I forgot to call.  Dr. C is at a conference in San Diego and he won't be in for a few days.".  So I take a deep breath and instead of making a big deal, I ask her to look at the paperwork that I need filled out.  She sees that it's something she can sign, so she does!  Woo hoo!  Not only that, but she wrote a prescription for me to get my wheelchair repaired.  Nice.


My doctor is an odd one though.  I like to describe him as my Woody Alan doctor.  When you walk in you already know you're going to wait at least 30 minutes to an hour.  "Ugh" is the only thing that runs through your mind.  As you wait though, all you see is him running around the office, going room to room, apologizing for the wait and thanking patients for being so kind.  Then he pops up in the front office and thanks all of us in the waiting room with a furled eyebrow and a puppy dog face.  It's hard not to laugh while he zooms in and out while telling us, "Just one moment.  I'll be with you all soon, Thank you for coming" a-la-Woody-Alan, and POOF, he's gone again.  It's like watching the little groundhog-things pop up in the Whackamole arcade game. lol  

No comments:

Post a Comment