Thursday, October 29, 2009

Phone Etiquette

So I've been receiving a lot of phone calls requesting charitable contributions.  They're all worthy causes, but it's as if they twist your arm to donate and almost dupe you into thinking that you have to donate $xx and above, but really you can donate anything you want.  They let you know that they can pay the minimum of $30 or more, when you can actually donate a buck if you choose to, then they verify that you said what you said and send out a bill for you to submit.  I've even gone through the trouble of telling them that I'm  not working and that I support their charities through individuals, such as the Revlon Run-Walk Marathon for Breast Cancer Research.


So today someone called.  I recognized the "877"/"866" number and wondered if I should pretend not to speak English or change my voice because I'm so annoyed by them.  I decided to pick it up and lower my voice.  They asked if I was Mr. Almalel....lol...when I said "no", they asked for Olivia, and I said she wasn't home.  They politely let me know that they'd call back.  lol.


I can't help myself.  No more friggin' charity calls, I got tons to deal with on my own.  LOL

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog. I like what you did with it- clever and entertaining.

    ReplyDelete